Hello, it has been some time. I have a new very simple tutorial today. I will teach you how to make a Sun catcher. It will be made using Swarovski crystal 6228 heart pendants and 5001 round beads.
How to make a Sun catcher. This is a summary of the video below, scroll down to watch it:
- Cut off 30cm/ 12 inches of beading wire
- Sting your crimp bead onto the wire
- Now string your main piece, the 28mm Swarovski heart pendant
- Take the end of the wire that your crystal is closest to and string it through the crimp bead
- Use your crimp pliers to push the crimp bead down
- Take your round beads and string through the other end of the wire
- Grab your heart crystals, we are going to alternate the colors
- String your first heart crystal
- After each crystal, add a round bead. String your second crystal
- Do this until your last heart crystal
- Add a few beads after the last crystal
- Add a crimp bead
- Now string 22 or son round beads
- Take the end of the wire and loop it through the crimp bead
- Use your crimp pliers to push the crimp down
- Use your wire cutters to cut off any excess wire
There you have it, your DIY Sun catcher.
Here are some other tutorials where I use the same Swarovski 6228 crystal:
A few things to note:
You can use any clear prism item, it does not have to be crystal. Make sure that it has facets. These facets will break the suns white light into colors of the rainbow. I would suggest resin and glass as long as you keep them clean. Please note that if you use acrylic, it will fade over time.
You can choose to just have one main pendant and beads for the string. This would look wonderful as well.
I used a 28mm Swarovski 6228 heart pendant in AB as the main stone. The ab coating is great because it already has some rainbow effect (mainly blues, purples and yellows). Because of this, it catches light easily even in low light settings. The other pendants I used had a pink and clear stones. If you use Swarovski, be sure to use crystals with transparent coatings, these will also catch light well. Use clear shimmer coating, light sapphire, blush rose, violet and crystal paradise shine.
Materials used in this tutorial:
Swarovski 5000 Round beads (24 pcs)
Mandisa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.